I hope all of you guys had lots of fun during Christmas break and each day was full of love, happiness and joy! I like this time of the year not only for the opportunity to spend more time with my family but also for a chance to review all what happened over the past year, make some conclusions, think of my plans for the following year and have a good exciting start.
My exciting start happened to be in Key Wets, FL. I’m in love with this place on Earth and I like to come back there as often as possible. 19th century architecture of Key West old town makes you forget about the present and brings you back to the past times. An atmosphere is absolutely special and relaxing on the island.
There are lots of old style guest houses where you can stay while you visit. Any time I stay in such guest houses I feel like I traveled back to the times when Ernest Hemingway was writing his novels while living in Key West. It’s a place where you can swing on a hammock and relax your mind for some time.
Those who love and need some fairy tail things I recommend to visit Key Wets and Florida Keys. You will find lots of inspiration and simple beauty here. There are also quite a few interesting historical places such as Hemingway house where he lived from 1931 to 1939. Night life is also entertaining and fun. There is something around 300 bars on the island with different themes and music styles from jazz to rock where you can melt down in Key West relaxing atmosphere.
I love walking down an old town streets early in the morning when it’s all quiet and you hear only sounds of nature, inhaling salty fresh breeze, having some coffee and french croissant at one of the old porches and dream and dream and dream….
Places to visit when you are in Key West:
- Ernest Hemingway house where he lived from 1928-1940
- Six toed cat cafe right next to Hemingway house and order famous french toast (perfect for breakfast).
- Little Jazz room for live music and some wine
- Sloppy Joe’s historic American bar founded in 1933
- Captain Tony’s Saloon The bar has been visited by many well-known artists, writers and celebrities such as Ernest Hemingway, Truman Capote, Jimmy Buffett, John Prine, even John F. Kennedy and Harry Truman and many more.
- Walk streets located all around Duval st, it’s very beautiful , cozy and calmer there.
- Key West Butterfly and Nature Conservatory. True fairy tail world of butterflies flying around you .
- The Oldest House. Built in 1829 showcasing family portraits, original furnishings and beautiful peaceful garden.
- Definitely stay in one of the guest houses while visiting for stronger impression of special atmosphere.
In this look I’m wearing:
- Sweater – Banana Republic
- Shorts – Forever 21
- Purse – Steve Madden
- Sunglasses – vintage from www.etsy.com